Q1. Which of the following common discontinuities, in a weld or casting, is difficult to detect by the magnetic particle method?
- A crack
- All of the other options
Q2. Which of the following options is TRUE? Inherent discontinuities are:
- Formed when molten metal solidifies.
- Discontinuities that exist inside the material below the surface.
- Just a property of the alloy of metal.
- None of the other options are TRUE.
Q3. Which of the following is considered as the most sensitive type of developers?
- Water Soluble
- Dry Powder
Q4. Sometimes there is absolutely no pattern or distribution of magnetic particles on the part. This is probably because:
- The amperage setting is too high.
- The amperage setting is too low.
- The part is made of steel with high retentivity.
- The particle bath strength is too high.
Q5. Which of the following factors should be considered when selecting the most adequate process of testing by liquid penetrants?
- All of the other options should be considered.
- Condition of the test part’s surface.
- Configuration of the test part.
- Number of test parts to be inspected.
Q6. Which of the following statements is TRUE in liquid penetrant testing?
- All of the other statements are TRUE.
- Surface condition does not affect the inspection sensitivity.
- Post cleaning is not required.
- Only surface breaking flaws can be detected.
Q7. A penetrant of high viscosity would:
- Need a long time of penetration.
- Not penetrate at all.
- Need intermediate time of penetration.
- Need a short time of penetration.
Q8. When performing a liquid penetrant test, the surface of the test part:
- Should be slightly oiled.
- Should be free of grease, oil and other contaminants.
- Can be inspected directly as long as it looks clean.
- All of the other options are TRUE.
Q9. Which of the following should be removed in order to obtain a good penetrant test?
- All of the other options.
Q10. The time of penetration is less dependent on:
- The type of discontinuity to be detected.
- The developer to be used.
- The temperature of the test part.
- The material of the test part to be tested.
Author: Ask Assignment Help
We at Ask Assignment Help provide urgent assignment help, online homework help, online exam help, online coursework help and dissertation writing service for all the subjects to students around the World