HR Management and Environment Final Exam
Complete the Final Exam by the end of Module 9. The comprehensive exam consists of 4 essay and 20 multiple choice questions that address the 10-course learning outcomes. Questions will be presented one at a time.
Time limit: There is a 90-minute time limit and at the end of the 90 minutes, the exam will close and be automatically submitted for grading. You will get a notification pop-up approximately 10 seconds before time expires. If you leave the exam for any reason, the timer will continue and the exam will automatically submit when time is up. If you lose your internet connection, you may reconnect and return to the exam where you left off as long as time has not expired. If you encounter technical difficulties, please contact your instructor.
Grading: Some types of exam questions (short answer, essay) are not automatically graded and will not be reflected immediately in your Grades area. You will see scores for multiple-choice questions right away but check back after your instructor has had a chance to grade the rest of the questions to see your final score. Please contact your instructor if you have any questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
Q1. Which of the following did not lead to the development of EEO laws?
- Changes in societal values
- The emerging role of government regulation
- The emerging role of unions
- The economic status of women and minorities
Q2. Conducting a job analysis for managerial jobs offers a significant challenge to the analyst because of all of the following except:
- Disparity across positions
- Disparity between managers
- Disparity across levels in the hierarchy
- Disparity across industries
Q3. When forecasting demand for employees, the organization estimates
- how many employees will be needed.
- what kinds of employees will be needed.
- current labor market conditions.
- Both A and B
Q4. For an evaluation system to work well, the employees must:
- Understand it
- Feel that it is a fair way to evaluate performance
- Believe that the system is being used correctly
- All of the choices are correct
Q5. Which of the following are reasons why employers provide benefits?
- To keep the organization competitive in recruiting and retaining employees.
- To keep a union out.
- To increase employees’ performance.
- All of the above are correct.
Q6. A safety management program requires all of the following steps except:
- Establishment of indicator systems
- Development of effective reporting systems
- Development of rules and procedures
- Establishment of escalating punishments for rule infractions
Q7. The degree of wholeness in a job, the feeling of completing a whole job as opposed to contributing to only a portion of a job, is its
- Task Identity
Q8. __________ was the first major piece of federal legislation prohibiting disability discrimination.
- Equal Pay Act of 1963
- Title VII of the Civil Rights Act of 1964
- Rehabilitation Act of 1973
- Civil Rights Act of 1991
Q9. According to Hofstede, cultures differ in at least five ways (dimensions). Which of the following is not one of those dimensions?
- Individualism versus collectivism
- Power distance
- Long-term vs. short-term orientation
Q10. __________ are general attributes that employees need to do well across multiple jobs or within the organization as a whole.
Q11. Continuous overtime often results in
- lower labor costs and higher productivity.
- lower labor costs and lower productivity.
- higher labor costs and lower productivity.
- higher labor costs and higher productivity.
Q12. Students prefer recruiters who have
- work experience in their specialties.
- have some personal knowledge of the university they are visiting.
- have appointment times in the late afternoon.
- Both A and B are correct.
Q13. Which of the following is an indirect cost of a selection process?
- Interviewer’s salary
- Changes in the organization’s public image
- Drug testing
- Equipment used in a work sample test
Q14. Different degrees of orientation are often needed, based on the __________ of the new employee.
- Career Path
- All of the above
Q15. __________ is required to assimilate what has been learned, to accept it, to internalize it, and to build confidence in it.
- Group discussion
Q16. Frederick Taylor urged managers to learn to design jobs properly and then link pay directly to:
- Hours worked
- Measurable productivity
- Employee satisfaction
Q17. __________ is one of the oldest and most widely available employee benefits.
- Sick pay
- Vacation Time
- Medical Insurance
- Group life insurance
Q18. Bargaining is the process of __________ in order to bring about a favorable agreement for those represented.
- All choices are correct
Q19. In cases of violence by an employee directed at another employee, the employer
- can be held liable by OSHA.
- can be held liable for state workers’ compensation regulations.
- can be held liable according common-law principles of negligence with regard to workers.
- All of the above are correct.
Q20. Which of the following is the most common mental health problem in the workplace, and has the greatest impact on job performance?
- Mental illness has no measurable impact on job performance.
Q21. Despite the appeal that strategic HRM is important, many organizations have had a difficult time adopting a strategic perspective. List at least two reasons why this may be the case.
Q22. Describe the selection process and various methods that can be used. Be sure to include benefits and concerns of the different methods given.
Q23. In what ways do unions have an effect on an organization’s employees, regardless of whether or not the organization is unionized?
Q24. Discuss the various reasons why an organization might expand its operations beyond its domestic boundaries. Include benefits and also challenges they would face in doing so.
Please click on Pay Now to get all correct answers at $60 (No Hidden Charges or any Sign Up Fee). In description, please don’t forget to mention the exam name –HR Management and Environment Final Exam.We will send the answers to your email id in the next 2 hours as we provide fresh essay solutions to every student.