Cengage Mindtap AIS Chapter 6 Quiz
Q1. Which of the following is not an objective in the development of an REA model?
- To identify the data required by managers and other users to perform effectively
- To monitor how well a company uses its resources
- To integrate the data in a way that allows those users to efficiently access the information needed
- To incorporate financial and non-financial data, and accounting and non-accounting data
Q2. Which of the following is true about recursive relationships?
- They cause redundancies
- They are best modeled in the database as two separate entities
- They occur between two different instances of an entity
- They should not be represented in the database
Q3. Relationships are:
- A key attribute
- A composite attribute
- Associations between entities.
- None of these choices
Q4. Which of the following is true about business intelligence (BI)?
- BI cannot use data from data warehouses
- BI uses financial data and transforms it into non-financial information
- BI uses only structured data
- BI uses simplified business models to help managers make better decisions
Q5. Which of the following is not one of the three components of the SQL SELECT statement?
- A list of attributes that we want to SELECT from the database
- A WHERE clause that sets the conditions under which attribute values are to be retrieved
- A list of tables where these attributes can be found
- A PULL clause that sets the conditions for extracting the desired data
Q6. A tuple is not:
- One employee in an instance of the EMPLOYEE relation
- A row in a relational database
- A collection of data representing multiple occurrences of a resource, event, or agent.
- A set of data that describes a single instance of the entity represented by a relation
Q7. A key attribute:
- All of these choices are correct
- Uses the client’s name
- Is the secondary key
- Is the attribute whose value is unique
Q8. The participation constraint:
- Specifies the degree of participation
- Is 2 or 3
- Notation reflects (maximum, minimum)
- The minimum participation in the relationship can be one or two.
Q9. Which of the following is true about an entity in a relational database?
- Is also called the primary key
- Is several things of the type defined by the entity
- Is represented as a table
- Is the input to BI dashboards
Q10. Which of the following is false about attributes?
- It is one specific thing of the type defined by the entity
- It is an item of data that characterizes an entity or relationship
- It is an item of data that characterizes a relationship
- The essential characteristics of an entity are its attributes